Bison Jalapeno Cheddar Pigs in a Corn Blanket
Posted on 02 November 2016
- 1/2 cup stone-ground yellow cornmeal
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 heaping teaspoon fine salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 packs of Bison Jalapeno Cheddar hot dogs, ends trimmed, cut into fifths
- 3 tablespoons dill pickle relish
Meanwhile, you will need two bowls for the cornbread batter. In one bowl, whisk together the cornmeal, flour, sugar, salt and baking soda. In the other bowl, whisk together the eggs, buttermilk and melted butter. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry, and stir to combine.
Remove the muffin tins from the oven. With a 1-tablespoon scoop, carefully fill each cup half full with batter. Place a piece of hot dog in the center of each muffin cup, and dollop with 1/4 teaspoon relish.
Bake until golden brown and set, 7 to 10 minutes.