Bison Skirt Steak Fajitas
Posted on 02 November 2016
- 1/4 cup dry red wine
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped garlic
- 2 pounds bison skirt steak, cut into
- 6 large plum tomatoes, seeded and coarsely chopped
- 3 jalapenos, seeded and finely chopped
- 1/2 large white onion, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped cilantro
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 Hass avocado, thinly sliced
- 6 ounces Monterey Jack cheese, shredded (1 cup)
- 1 cup sour cream
- Twelve 9-inch flour tortillas, warmed
- In a medium bowl, mix the red wine and olive oil with 1 tablespoon and 2 tablespoons of the garlic. Add the skirt steak and toss to coat, then let stand for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in another bowl, toss the tomatoes with the jalapenos, onion, cilantro, lime juice and the remaining 1 tablespoon of garlic. Season the salsa with salt and pepper.
- Light a grill or heat a grill pan. Remove the steak from the marinade; season with salt and pepper. Grill over moderately high heat, turning once, until medium rare, about 3 minutes. Transfer to a cutting board; let stand for 3 minutes.
- Thinly slice the steak across the grain and arrange on a platter. Serve with the salsa, avocado slices, shredded cheese, sour cream and warm tortillas.