Bison Tri-Tip with Chimichurri
Posted on 02 November 2016
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 2 tablespoons plus 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt, plus more
- 2 pounds Gunpowder Bison Tri-tip Steak
- 2 garlic cloves, finely grated
- 2 cups finely chopped parsley
- 1/2 cup finely chopped cilantro
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon agave nectar
- Mix sesame seeds, paprika, 2 Tbsp. oil, 2 tsp. salt, and 2 tsp. pepper in a small bowl to combine. Rub all over steak and let sit at room temperature 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare a grill for medium-high, indirect heat (for charcoal grill, bank coals on one side of grill; for a gas grill, leave one or two burners off). Place steak over indirect heat, cover grill, and grill, turning once, until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest part of steak registers 115 degrees.
- Move steak to direct heat and grill until lightly charred, about 2 minutes per side, or until an instant-read thermometer registers 120 degrees for medium-rare (temperature will continue to rise off heat). Transfer to a cutting board and let rest 10 minutes before slicing against the grain.
- While steak is resting, combine garlic, parsley, cilantro, vinegar, agave nectar, and remaining 1/2 cup oil; season with salt and pepper. Serve steak with chimichurri.