Get to know our Gunpowder Bison Team Member Lauren English!
Posted on 20 September 2017
Lauren English started two years ago as Marketing Director, and wears many hats at Gunpowder Bison. For example, Lauren handles all online sales-- if you've ordered our bison cuts and snacks online, chances are Lauren managed your order and answered any inquiries. Lauren is a fitness guru and teaches classes at Core Cycle Studios in Timonium. MD. She loves spending time with her three year old son, running and being outside as much as possible!
- 1 small (2 lb) spaghetti squash
- 1 pound Gunpowder Bison
- 1 Tbsp. virgin coconut oil or tallow
- 2 clove garlic, minced
- ½ tsp. sea salt
- ½ tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups spinach, chopped
- 1 Tbsp. fresh rosemary, minced
- 2 tsp. smoked paprika
- 2 Tbsp. tomato paste
- 1 tsp. fennel seeds
- First, cook the spaghetti squash. Preheat oven to 375 F. Wash the spaghetti squash and use a fork to poke several holes in the outside. Place spaghetti squash on a baking sheet and roast 45-50 minutes. The squash is done once you can pierce through the skin easily with a small paring knife. Set aside to cool.
- In a large safe non-stick skillet, add the coconut oil and heat over medium heat. Add the garlic and saute 2 minutes to translucent. Add the bison and cook, stirring, for 8-10 minutes. Add the smoked paprika, fennel seeds, salt, pepper and rosemary and continue to cook, stirring occasionally, for another 5 minutes to allow flavors to deepen. Stir in tomato paste, spinach and ¼ cup water. Turn heat to low, cover and simmer to let thicken.
- Halve spaghetti squash. Scoop out seeds. Using a fork, scrape out strands of spaghetti squash to make a "nest" of squash noodles. Top with meat mixture and serve.