Grilled Bison Coulotte Steak with Molasses Chili Marinade
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp rice vinegar
- 5 cloves garlic, peeled and smashed
- 1 tbsp peeled and chopped fresh ginger
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 2 bison coulotte steaks
- In a large glass bowl or container, whisk together brown sugar, molasses, soy sauce, rice vinegar, garlic, ginger, chili powder and freshly ground black pepper until the sugar is dissolved.
- Place bison coulotte steaks in the marinade and turn until completely coated. Let marinate for about 1 hour, covered, turning the steak occasionally.
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat and brush with canola oil.
- Place the steaks on the grill (do not discard the marinade) and cook until desired degree of doneness is reached (medium-rare is recommended), about 5 minutes per side, depending on the thickness of the steaks. Remove steak from the grill and let rest for 10 to 15 minutes before slicing against the grain.
- Transfer the marinade and any juices collected from the cooked steaks to a small saucepan. Bring to a low boil and let cook for about 10 minutes. Serve with the steak.